How to buy jewelry online (the smart way)
With more reasons than ever to shop online, as a jewelry brand owner I feel it is my mission to make this process as stressless as possible, not only for ELINA GLIZER shoppers but online jewelry buyers around the world.
With more than 10 years in the jewelry industry and 7 of them as an online jewelry brand with more than 10000 customers around the world, I have decided to sit down and write this definitive guide on HOW TO BUY JEWELRY ONLINE!
- Trust and security- stay away from shops that offer things like 14K gold rings with natural diamonds for 20$, you will most likely be disappointed. Another good way to check if you are engaging with a legitimate brand is to go to their social networks pages and see if there is any activity and do, they have fans that respond to their posts. The BEST thing to do in order to ensure that you are dealing with a legitimate brand is to see if they have any customer feedback on their website, I can't stress this enough but if a brand has a good number of feedback (positive ones) then chances are that this brand is 100% legit.
- Measurements – There is no average size neck, wrist or finger, so it’s super important to know your wanted size in order to make an informed purchase and avoid the hustle of returning and resizing after you receive your item. Here are the 3 best ways to know our ring size:
- Go to any jewelry store and ask them to measure the finger you want your new ring to be on, they have a special tool for that, which is 100% spot on!
- You can download this document with a ring sizer and a simple guide on how to use it
- You can follow the instructions on this video and it will help you measure your ring size with a thread and a ruler
- Shipping – most shops offer more than one shipping method, usually its EXPRESS via a courier (DHL/FEDEX ext.…) and regular air mail. If you need your item to arrive on a specific date DON'T try to save an extra couple of dollars and go for the EXPRESS shipping especially when you are shopping around the holiday season! Regular airmail is a good and cheap service, use it if you are ok with waiting 10-12 days for your item to arrive.
PRO TIP : If you are buying from a brand that makes handmade jewelry to order ( like us 😊 ) take into consideration the production time!
- TAX (For NON-US) shoppers As of July first 2021 all imported goods to the EU are taxable (VAT) from the 1st Euro. Usually, you will be asked to pay via SMS from the shipping company. We here at ELINA GLEIZER are working on a solution that will allow you to pay the tax at the time of purchase. stay tuned 😊
- Communication I believe that communication is the best thing since sliced bread! I urge you to write and email, contact us on Facebook or get in touch on WhatsApp for ANY question you have! This is the BEST way to avoid misunderstandings and ensure your shopping experience is flawless!